Friday, June 8, 2012



UNLETTERED


Here I am tonight
Thinking of the same thoughts again
Cannot ease away the fright
of this huge troubling pain.

Why me? Why not anybody else?
Why me who's nothing but a woebegone?
Left alone with everything lesser than less
Got nothing but masterpieces left undone.

Why can't suffering leave me alone?
Why can't it go away as I would love to?
Almost always I feel like were twins
It's with me wherever I go.

Why am I restless most of the time?
Why am I a huge pathetic fool?
Can't seem to get through the sublime
Or find the most appropriate tool.

Why can't life be good to me?
Why can't I find the light that leads the way?
To tell me where would I be
or warn me from going astray.

Why can't I be the person I want to be?
Why there's so much fog clogged in my way?
Life's deepest secrets seem hard to see
I could only glare at it to have something to say.

As I lay in bed with eyes wide awake
I have to fathom things for life's sake
The truth that life is a big "why"
And that to find the answer - you must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment